Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Changes

"WHAT CHANGED?" asked my friend last night.  I simply responded, "I did."  I would be hard-pressed to fully explain the extent to which I have been thinking about changes in people lately.  As I strolled through the bookstore, I passed a section of books explaining strategies to help you alter a person's decisions or feelings.  I chuckled to myself knowing that it is more difficult to move a person than it is to move a mountain.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is all a waste.  There is a way to change people indeed, but that is only through a personal change.  Christ was incarnated and walked the Earth so that we might learn from His example.  We learned, and our free will was not threatened.  I believe change is inevitable as we grow older and wiser, but it something that will reflect upon others so change wisely.

1 comment:

Nader Alfie said...

"I believe change is inevitable as we grow older and wiser, but it something that will reflect upon others so change wisely."

Yikes. This post makes me think about how I have changed as I have gotten a bit older. I am not so sure I like a lot what has changed, but I hope in God who has the power to set me in a better direction.