Sunday, March 15, 2009

Easy Livin'

IT IS BEAUTIFUL to be reminded of God when you least expect it. It is a weakness of human beings to dwell on the bad and struggle to focus on the good. Because of this, people tend to be down and feel the world is on their shoulders. Job, the classic example, was tested (far worse than any of us might I add) and prevailed. I especially like when he said: “Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” I was reminded of this when a person of whom I had just met said something along the lines of this verse. Let's not forget our Lord's abundant mercies in times of good fortune. For me, times have been well, but have I been keeping up with my Christian duties? Glorify God when times are well, and seek God when you are in a funk. It is inevitable, it happens, but God's infinite mercies will get us through.

1 comment:

Nader Alfie said...

Very helpful post as I start my week. Thank you.