Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fairness is Fair

WHAT IS FAIR? From where did this preposterous notion come from? Since when do people think they are deserving of anything? It comes as no surprise to me that the world is filled with greed and sorrow. These people are ungrateful and searching for happiness in a sense of false justice. These people searching for fairness in the world will be coming up very short. I am not a cynic, nor am I what people refer to as a "realist" (which, in my opinion, is simply a boastful claim that everyone else is wrong and that the "realist" is the only one with a perception of "reality"). I am simply a Christian. I believe in a Higher Law, and a divine justice that will punish the proud yet reward the meek.

Life is not fair; nor is it arbitrary. God's plan is for us to withstand trial so that we may prove ourselves worthy unto Him. Unfortunately, people have decided that life should be a simple walk in the park and have accused the Lord God of being too cruel and, shockingly, unfair. In essence, these people are claiming to be able to do God's job better than Him. This is why I enjoyed the movie Bruce Almighty. The premise of the movie (for those who wisely stay away from television) is of a person being given God's power and responsibility, failing miserably, and then finally realizing God's plan is perfect. Life is better than fair, it is how God Himself intended it. Our free will allows us to live freely and our circumstance is dictated by God. To conclude, it is written that:
I returned and saw under the sun that—

The race is not to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor bread to the wise,
Nor riches to men of understanding,
Nor favor to men of skill;
But time and chance happen to them all.

2 comments:

pants said...

This entry reminded me of Romans 9:14-24:

"What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."...But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?""


But as you said, God has a perfect plan and all things eventually work for His glory.

pants said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.